The medical opinions and advices contained in this blog are those of the respective authors and should serve as guides. The patient themselves have the final decision with what to do to their health.
IMPORTANT: To ask for medical opinion, send your message by email here

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Goodbye Macky


I never owned a dog. I learned to like dogs only in the past few years when I lived in Japan. I seldom like dogs in my home country because many of them are stray and bark a lot.
A few minutes ago, I received news from my apartment manager that his dog, Macky--a seven-year-old female canine--passed away. I like Macky the moment she was introduced to me exactly a year ago.
She has the third floor of this building all by herself to enjoy. I usually see her at least once a week when I go up there to hang my laundry.
I seldom heard her bark. She just stared at me whenever I do my chores there.
Last Friday, another laundry day for me, I noticed that there was a bright green liquid on the third floor. I asked the housekeeper who was then pouring some soil over the liquid what it was, she told me that it came from Macky.
Curious, I asked again if it were passed out as a vomitus or stool. She replied that it was vomited by the dog.
I cautioned that Macky could be ill. I was thinking of a problem in the gall bladder or liver or anything in the gastrointestinal tract.
So, I forgot everything after that. Macky seemed well. Ran around, wagged her tail particularly when she played with my 10-month-old boy neighbor.
Until a few minutes ago, I received a text message from the apartment manager that they will have to lock the third floor door at all times because Macky passed away.
I talked to him and knew that Macky intermittently passed out greenish vomitus several years ago. He did not bring Macky to a veterinarian because he did not notice anything unusual with the dog.
Late this afternoon, he noticed that Macky seemed a bit tired and just laid in one corner. She opened her eyes upon seeing him, and several ants began to swarm over her body--probably a tell tale sign that she was about to leave us.
Macky is now gone. I'll surely miss her.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment